Thriving in 2020
2020 has been an interesting year to say the least. There is so much uncertainty about what each day will hold, that sometimes we may feel frightened, sad, angry, or hopeless. It is our connections to others, even virtual connections, that will enable us to thrive even during the worst of times.
To help you cope through these trying times, we have shared links that may offer you a break from negative emotions and help to provide you some peace, hope, and encouragement.
If you are looking for a positive connection, someone who you can share your thoughts and feelings with confidentially, please reach out to your counselor. We are all available via email and by phone (908) 454-3400:
Social Growth Opportunities (CLICK HERE)
Mindfulness (CLICK HERE)
Music for Focus and Concentration (CLICK HERE)
Calming Bottle (CLICK HERE FOR INSTRUCTIONS)
1. Find a clean, clear plastic or glass bottle.
2. Fill the bottle half way with warm water.
3. Add glitter, sequins, beads or tiny toys.
4. Fill the bottle all the way to the top with liquid soap.
5. Place the lid on the top and seal the lid with glue or a glue gun.
6. Once glue is dry, you are ready to have fun flipping it and shaking it!
Catholic Charities (PLEASE CLICK HERE)